Beaumont Veterinary Centre was first established in Exeter in the late 1970s by Dr. Chris Chesney and later moved to Broadclyst. Due to a change in professional direction to specialist dermatology by Dr. Chesney, the practice was taken over by Clive Lloyd in 1994 and moved to its present site in 1995.
At the same time, the practice expanded from purely small animal work to a mixed practice due to Clive’s extensive experience and enthusiasm for all creatures great and small. Between 2003 and 2005 the practice underwent extensive refurbishment and expansion to provide the current modern facilities, and since 2012 the practice has concentrated on our small animal patients to provide the highest quality of care.
We are RCVS accredited
Constantly improving our knowledge and skills enables us to provide the highest level of care for you and your pet. The practice is accredited under the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons Practice Standards Scheme.
- We meet or exceed a wide range of standards relating to facilities, equipment, client communication, hygiene, staff training and emergency care
- We measure quality of care through a programme of clinical audit which allows us to develop an ongoing upwards spiral of appraisal and improvement
- Fully equipped in-house laboratory. We also maintain close links with one of the leading external diagnostic laboratories in the country based at Exeter University
- We are regularly inspected
- Endoscopy- both flexible and rigid endoscopes are available
- ECG & Blood pressure monitoring